What We Do
CAG provides expert advisory services to difference-making companies in exchange for equity. Using 33+ years of healthcare leadership experience, CAG helps founders vet ideas, markets, channel partners and funding opportunities as well as build cultures of accountability and innovation.
To create a large diversified portfolio of meaningful companies with equity interest which will launch a venture fund focused on improving people’s lives for generations to come.
David L. Callecod, FACHE
David L. Callecod is Founder and President of Callecod Advisory Group, LLC.
CAG provides early-stage health startups with knowledge, expertise and experience in both the legacy volume-based and the evolving value-based healthcare delivery system. Having led the formation of two successful Innovation Funds within a health system, Callecod provides guidance with navigating the healthcare landscape, forming partnerships with health systems and developing go-to-market strategies.
Callecod served in executive roles within health systems for over 33 years and most recently served as Interim CEO of Ochsner LSU Health North Louisiana in 2022. Prior to that, he served as President/CEO of Lafayette General Health (now Ochsner Lafayette General) from 2008-2021. During his tenure in Lafayette, the health system received numerous awards for quality and exceptional engagement of patients, employees and physicians.
- LGH served as a reference site and regularly hosted hospitals from across the United States and internationally to demonstrate “Best Practices” in service excellence for StuderGroup and the use of system-wide Electronic Medical Records with Cerner Corporation
- Modern Healthcare “100 Best Places to Work”- multiple facilities from 2014-2020
- Press Ganey “Pinnacle of Excellence” and “Guardian of Excellence” awards- multiple facilities from 2012-2020.
- “Most Wired” Hospital Award 2012-2020.
- Becker’s Hospital Review “150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” for 2016 and 2017
- LGMC named Consumer Choice Award Winner by National Research Corporation (NRC) 2009-2020 and in 2017 NRC Health Top 100 Consumer Loyalty Award Winner, ranking #17 nationally.
- HIMSS Davies Award, Excellence in Improving Patient Care and Outcomes in 2017
Callecod was inducted into StuderGroup’s Healthcare Hall of Fame in October 2011 and is a national speaker on healthcare management and culture change. He received his BA from Wabash College and his MBA from Indiana Wesleyan University. He previously served on the Wabash College Board of Trustees and was named Distinguished Alumnus by Indiana Wesleyan University in 2007.